Whether or not you’ve jumped on the pumpkin spice bandwagon, there’s no denying that Fall is in the air this week. As we scroll through Facebook seeing pictures of fallen leaves and rainy days, reading posts declaring this to be the favorite season of many people, it’s not hard to see why people fall in love with this time of year. While it doesn’t come with the blooms of Spring or the long days of Summer, fall arrives with its own splendor, and its vibrant colors can already be seen at Elk Ridge and throughout the Nile Valley.
The sun worshipper may wonder why people have an affinity for cooler, cloudier days. It’s got to go deeper than a chance to break in those new sweaters and boots doesn’t it? Here is a quick list of five reasons I came up with to fall in love with this transition time we call both autumn and fall.
1. Leaves turning color- red, yellow, orange and everything in between. Fall colors are like a strokes of a paintbrush through the sky and on the ground.
2. Fresh Air- it’s always fresh in the mountains, but the occasional rain showers that come this season make taking a deep breath so much more refreshing.
3. Fires! There’s nothing like being in a warm, quiet house and listening to the crackle a fire.
4. Football- It’s a great reason to do absolutely nothing else with your day!
5. Hunting Season- Some of our favorite customers come back to see us this time of year and hopefully fill those tags!
Honorable mention…. The return of fall t.v. shows, hot apple cider, pumpkins, rain-boots and Thanksgiving Dinner!
Why do you like this time of year? Feel free to comment with your own reasons to crush on fall.
Blessings to all of you this season- enjoy your families, happy hunting, go Seahawks (woot woot) and don’t fret about those extra pounds.
Until next time,